Position of Research Engineer in NMR
The Analytical Department of the Research Center of Feluy (Belgium) being part of the R&D of TOTAL is looking for a Research Engineer specialized in Solid State NMR for a fixed-term contract of 24 months leading to permanent contract.
Under the responsibility of the Structure, Functionality and Morphology Service Manager, the applicant mission will be to:
- Design, conduct and implement developments in high resolution NMR to provide the key chemical information required by the R&D departments of TOTAL company in the field of materials for energy such as catalysts, polymers, batteries, etc… and in this way participate in the development of new products and resolution of problems encountered by customers or in the Business Units.
- Evaluate and develop new methods and new equipments.
- Adapt practices to customer requests and products.
- Operate High Resolution Solid State NMR equipment.
- Realize assays, analyze results, draw conclusions, make the necessary recommendations and draft synthetic documents
- Ensure reliable analytical results,
- Propose and follows works done with academics in her/his area of competence,
- Propose equipment investments, maintenance schedules, ensures the availability of machines and consumables,
- Tutor trainees,
Required Profile: PhD in chemistry or analytical science. HR SS NMR specialty on battery problematics.
Moreover, Knowledge or experience in High Resolution Liquid NMR and Low Field NMR as well as a background on Catalyst and/or Polymer domains would be highly appreciated
- Great interpersonal skills
- Project management
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French and in English.
- To have an analytical turn of mind
- To work as a team
To join the NMR reference laboratory of Total R&D in a pluri-disciplinary analytical team, send a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Raffinage-ChimieDirection Recherche et Développement
Responsable du Service Structure, Fonctionnalité & Morphologie
Tél : +32 (0)64 51 41 18Fax : +32 (0)64 51 08 email@example.com
|Total Research & Technology FeluyDépartement AnalyseZone Industrielle|
TOTAL Classification: Restricted Distribution TOTAL – All rights reserved
This is the AMPERE MAGNETIC RESONANCE mailing list:
NMR web database: