As a scientist at Bridge12, you will work on multidisciplinary projects that involve all aspects of the design and development of microwave/terahertz sources and particle. You will also take leadership in conceiving new products based on innovative techniques for generating high THz power in compact systems for scientific and industrial applications and discover new applications for high-power terahertz sources. You will have to set milestones, schedules and budgets for your projects. There will be occasional travel associated with attending research conferences, tradeshows and to visit customers. In this specific role you will work on the development of novel systems such as:
- Traveling wave tubes (TWT)
- Gyrotron oscillators and amplifiers
- Development of electron guns for vacuum electron devices
- High-power, low-loss transmission line systems for microwave and terahertz propagation
- Particle accelerators for application in cancer therapy
- > 5 years of research and development of vacuum electronics based sources (e.g. TWTs, gyrotrons) or particle accelerators and microwave engineering
- > 5 years of experience in experimental research. Laboratory experience in working with high voltage and high magnetic fields
- Microwave measurement techniques including the use of a Vector Network Analyzer
- Must have experience using RF simulation tools such as CST Microwave Studio, Ansys HFSS (High Frequency Simulation Software) and Ansys Thermal and Mechanical simulation tools. Prior experience in the use of Particle-in-Cell (PIC) simulation tools is preferred
- Familiarity with 3D computer aided design tools such as Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks or similar tools
- Experience in using applications developed in LabView
- Proficiency writing scripts using Python, MATLAB and other modern scripting tools
- Experience in grant proposal writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good team work ethics
Optional Skills & Expertise
- Microfabrication techniques
M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
Bridge12 is an Equal Opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Bridge12 offers three weeks of paid time off, 401(k) plan with match and health care benefits including vision and dental.
Please email Resume or CV with a cover letter to: email@example.com
Reference Number: S0151901