Download Job Ad
As a scientist at Bridge12, you will work on multidisciplinary projects covering large aspects of magnetic resonance, instrumentation design, development of prototypes and conduct research. The position requires creativity in a wide range of areas of magnetic resonance spectroscopy including NMR and EPR spectroscopy, imaging, and instrument development. We are looking for a highly motivated, highly organized individual who enjoys an innovative, interdisciplinary environment and the challenges that come with manufacturing high-tech, scientific instrumentation. You will work out of the Bridge12 facilities in Framingham, MA with only occasional travel (conferences, tradeshows etc.).
- Instrumentation development in the area of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR, EPR, DNP, MRI). This includes electrical and mechanical design and fabrication of NMR, EPR and DNP probes. Design of passive microwave/THz components such as transmission lines, quasi-optical mirrors, bends, and polarizers.
- Design and conduct research to support product development
Required Skills & Experience
- In-depth understanding of the principles of magnetic resonance spectroscopy with a strong emphasis on NMR and EPR spectroscopy
- Experience in performing solution-state and solid-state NMR experiments, preferably on an Agilent/Varian spectrometer running VnmrJ
- Experience in performing electromagnetic simulations for RF and microwave/THz circuits using finite element analysis tools (e.g. Ansys HFSS and Maxwell)
- In-depth knowledge of LabVIEW and Matlab
- Experience with 3D CAD tools for mechanical design such as Autodesk Inventor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good teamwork ethics
- Printed Circuit Board design and prototyping (advantage)
- Experience in designing cryogenic instrumentation (advantage)
Ph.D. degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, physical chemistry, physics or equivalent or Master degree and at least 3 years of professional experience.
401(k) (with matching), Health care benefits including vision and dental
This is a full-time position. Bridge12 is an equal opportunity employer, and offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and healthcare. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please email your Resume or CV together with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.