From the Ampere Magnetic Resonance List
Could you please forward this advertisement about a post-doctoral fellow opening in my lab to the members of the NMR mailing list:
A post-doctoral fellow position is immediately available in the research group of Professor Aaron Rossini at Iowa State University. The goal of the project is to develop new solid-state NMR methods for the characterization of pure and formulated active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). We will accomplish this by utilizing the state of the art NMR technologies of fast MAS and dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP) to enhance the sensitivity of solid-state NMR experiments on APIs. The projects will be executed in collaboration with Dr. Joe Lubach and Dr. Karthik Nagapudi (Genentech). The solid-state NMR facilities at ISU are excellent and include Bruker 400 MHz, 600 MHz and 800 MHz spectrometers. We also have routine access to a 263 GHz/400 MHz Bruker DNP solid-state NMR spectrometer which is located in the adjacent DOE Ames laboratory. The requirements are a PhD. in chemistry, physics or materials science, prior experience with solid-state NMR spectroscopy and good written and spoken english. Prior experience with quantum chemical calculations of NMR properties, numerical simulations of solid-state NMR experiments and other characterization techniques such as X-ray diffraction are also assets. Interested candidates should send a CV including the contact information for at least one reference to email@example.com.
(1) Hirsh, D. A.; Rossini, A. J.; Emsley, L.; Schurko, R. W. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2016, 18, 25893-25904.
(2) Pinon, A. C.; Rossini, A. J.; Widdifield, C. M.; Gajan, D.; Emsley, L. Mol. Pharm. 2015, 12, 4146-4153.
(3) Rossini, A. J.; Emsley, L.; O’Dell, L. A. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2014, 16, 12890-12899.
(4) Rossini, A. J.; Widdifield, C. M.; Zagdoun, A.; Lelli, M.; Schwarzwälder, M.; Copéret, C.; Lesage, A.; Emsley, L. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 2324-2334.
(5) Rossini, A. J.; Zagdoun, A.; Hegner, F. S.; Schwarzwälder, M.; Gajan, D.; Copéret, C.; Lesage, A.; Emsley, L. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 16899−16908.
More information about our lab can be found at: https://rossini.chem.iastate.edu/
Thank you in advance,
Department of Chemistry
Iowa State University
0205 Hach Hall
2438 Pammel Drive
Ames, IA 50011-3111
This is the AMPERE MAGNETIC RESONANCE mailing list:
NMR web database: