As a Mechanical Engineer at Bridge12, you will work on multidisciplinary projects that involve the development of microwave and terahertz generators, particle accelerators and other scientific instrumentation. There will be occasional travel associated with installation and testing at a customer site or visiting vendors.
- 10+ years of experience in CAD of mechanical systems
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical design
- Experience with modeling tools such as SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor
- Ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints
- Familiarity and experience working with and programming CNC machines such as mills and lathes
- Capable of performing inspection measurements using hand tools and tool makers microscopes, and video inspection equipment
- Experience in completing at least one complete product design life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good team work ethic
- Work closely with research and development, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space
- Assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material
- Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration
- Research and analyze customer design proposals and specifications to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process
Optional Skills & Expertise
- Familiarity with ultra-high vacuum systems
- Familiarity with high voltage (> 1,000 V) systems
- Familiar with materials used in UHV microwave devices and processes used to join them
- Knowledge of metal joining using welding and brazing techniques
- Capable of designing braze fixtures for various types of assemblies that have materials with different thermal expansion characteristics
- Knowledge of thermal, structural and fluid modeling tools/software such as Ansys
B.S or M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related fields.
Bridge12 is an Equal Opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Bridge12 offers three weeks of paid time off, 401(k) plan with match and health care benefits including vision and dental.
Please email your resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Number: E13-20200124