As a Mechanical Engineer at Bridge12, you will work on multidisciplinary projects that involve the development of microwave and terahertz generators, particle accelerators and other scientific instrumentation. This technical position focused on the application of structural, fluid mechanics and heat transfer modeling and other calculation methods for developing innovative solutions for microwave tubes and particle accelerators. The candidate shall have a solid knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling and a strong background for analytical modeling. The candidate must have familiarity with 3D CAD modeling and engineering drawing. The candidate will interface with cross functional teams for system development including electrical and software engineers. This position requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for efficient thermal design for systems operating in high vacuum and cryogenic environments. There will be occasional travel associated with installation and testing at a customer site.
- 5+ years of experience in FEA/CFD tools such as Ansys Mechanical and Ansys Fluent
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools such as SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor
- Ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints
- Good understanding of system level optimization for size, weight and performance
- Developed knowledge in flow distribution, mixing, transient flow distribution and thermal/hydraulic events, heat transfer etc.
- Expertise in multiphase and turbulent flows
- Perform simulations at request of design teams to assess component performance and behavior
- Research and analyze customer design proposals and specifications to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects
- Ability to provide alternate methodologies other than CFD, e.g. hand calculations and numerical analysis.
- Ability to make sketches and engineering drawings
- Experience in completing at least one complete product design life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good team work ethic
Optional Skills & Expertise
- Familiarity with vacuum systems
- Familiarity with high-voltage (> 1000V) systems
- Proficiency writing scripts using Python, MATLAB, APDL, and other modern scripting tools
- Knowledge of C/C++ language
- Familiarity with electromagnetics and magnetostatic tools such as Ansys HFSS and Maxell
B.S or M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related fields.
Bridge12 is an Equal Opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Bridge12 offers three weeks of paid time off, 401(k) plan with match and health care benefits including vision and dental.
Please email Resume or CV with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Number: S10-20190608