Open Position: Scientist - Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Bridge12 is a small business focused on the development of cutting-edge microwave and terahertz (THz) instrumentation for use in scientific research such as Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR) and Dynamic Nuclear Polarization (DNP) spectroscopy. The company has a worldwide customer base and conducts groundbreaking research on applications of microwave/THz radiation in novel fields, often in collaboration with leading academic institutes.
As a scientist at Bridge12, you will work on multidisciplinary projects covering large aspects of magnetic resonance, instrumentation design, development of prototypes and conduct research. The position requires creativity in a wide range of areas of magnetic resonance spectroscopy including NMR and EPR spectroscopy, imaging, and instrument development. We are looking for a highly motivated, highly organized individual who enjoys an innovative, interdisciplinary environment and the challenges that come with the manufacturing of high-tech, scientific instrumentation. You will work out of the Bridge12 facilities in Framingham, MA with only occasional travel (conferences, tradeshows etc.).
- Instrument development with a strong focus on Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR, EPR, DNP, MRI). This includes the electrical and mechanical design and fabrication of NMR, EPR and DNP probes. Design of passive microwave/THz components (e.g. transmission lines, mirrors, bends, quasi-optical components) and the design of RF circuits
- Design and conduct research to support product development
Required Skills & Experience
- In-depth understanding of the principles of magnetic resonance spectroscopy with a strong emphasis on NMR and EPR spectroscopy
- Experience in performing solution-state and solid-state NMR experiments, preferably on an Agilent/Varian spectrometer running VnmrJ
- Experience in performing electromagnetic simulations for RF and microwave/THz circuits using finite element analysis tools (e.g. Ansys HFSS and Maxwell)
- In-depth knowledge of LabVIEW and Matlab
- Experience with 3D CAD tools for mechanical design such as Autodesk Inventor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good teamwork ethics
- Printed Circuit Board design and prototyping (advantage)
- Experience in designing cryogenic instrumentation (advantage)
Qualification: Ph.D. degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, physical chemistry, physics or equivalent or Master degree and at least 3 years of professional experience.
This is a full-time position. Bridge12 is an equal opportunity employer, and offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and healthcare. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please email your Resume or CV together with a cover letter to: email@example.com.